Sunday, July 05, 2020

Book Review: Summer at Firefly Beach by Jenny Hale

Summer at Firefly Beach

Kindle Edition287 pages
Published June 17th 2019 by Bookouture
buy from Amazon 

Hallie Flynn’s favorite place in the world is her great Aunt Clara’s beautiful beachside house, with its inviting wraparound porch and enchanting views across the sparkling turquoise ocean. For Hallie, going to Firefly Beach, filled with magical memories, feels like coming home, but in one moment Hallie is left broken-hearted when her adored Aunt Clara passes away…

As always, Aunt Clara has thought of everything. In her last letter she included a bucket list Hallie wrote as a child, for Hallie to complete. Leaving her dead-end job and predictable schedule, Hallie returns to Firefly beach and embraces Aunt Clara’s words. All the time her childhood best friend Ben Murray, with his golden charm and infuriating ability to be right all the time, is by her side.

Spending the summer with Ben, as they enjoy drinks on the pier and endless talks stretched out in the soft sand, Hallie begins to remember the things that matter most to her. But following the bucket list isn’t an easy journey. It forces her to face the pain of her past as she starts to fall for the person who has been there for her all along...

Just as her heart is healing, an encounter with a newcomer to the beach town, wealthy and talented photographer Gavin Wilson, leaves her questioning her future and shows her she has to make a difficult decision that could mean losing everything.

Will Hallie be able to fulfill Aunt Clara’s last wish and change her life? Or will a secret she’s been keeping destroy her new beginning—and the chance to experience true love?

                                      MY REVIEW:


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Hallie Flynn's aunt Clara has passed away and left her inheritance to the family. She left a bucket list for Hallie that Hallie wrote as a child and needs to fulfill it.
Hallie left her job to come to Firefly Beach and needs to decide what she wants to do with her future. Also helping her is her best friend Ben who is always there for her, her mom and her sister. I love Hallie's nephew Robby as he seemed so cute and needs a man figure in his life. Hw always seemed to be with Ben and Hallie that at sometimes I forgot he was Hallie's nephew and not her son.
All during this Hallie has a secret and what will happen when it comes out?
I enjoyed this story and the setting as I wanted to be there.
Thank you to NetGalley for the ARC to review.


Jenny  Hale

Jenny Hale


Born
The United States
Website

Twitter

Genre



When I graduated college, one of my friends said, “Look out for this one; she’s going to be an author one day.” Despite being an avid reader and a natural storyteller, it wasn’t until that very moment that the idea of writing novels occurred to me.

Sometimes our friends can see the things that we can’t.

While I didn’t start straight away, that comment sowed a seed and several years, two children, and hundreds of thousands of words later, I completed a novel that I felt was worthy of publication. The result was Coming Home for Christmas, a heart-warming story about friends, family, and the magic of love at Christmas.

The rest is history.

When I’m not writing, I'm a mother of two boys and a wife to a very supportive husband.

Visit www.itsjennyhale.com to get my latest book! You can also chat with me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/jennyhaleauthor, Twitter: www.twitter.com/jhaleauthor, and IG: www.instagram.com/jhaleauthor

See all my books on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Jenny-Hale/e/B...





6 comments:

  1. I love the cover. Looks like a great summer read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that cover, it sucks me right in

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cover, this looks like a great summer read. I wants it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really good and I love that cover. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a great summer read.. that cover is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this book and I adore this author.

    ReplyDelete