Sunday, August 15, 2021

Book Review: The Liar Next Door by Nicola Marsh

 


Kindle Edition, 321 pages
Expected publication: August 23rd 2021 by Bookouture
Buy from Amazon

We live in a close-knit community. Thirty houses surrounding a square of garden that is perfect for our kids. We congregate here on major holidays, each family bringing a plate and sharing food and conversation. It’s in the garden that I first met her. The woman who would worm her way into my family and piece by piece tear it apart…

I should have known something was wrong from the very beginning. She seemed perfect in so many ways: she floated through the baby shower, a warm smile on her face, chatting to strangers with ease. At first I thought it was sweet that she offered to help me, that she made an effort to get to know us, that she brought over games and knew Luna’s favorite foods… I had no idea that I couldn’t trust another mother…

I should have known that someone would eventually discover the secret in my marriage. Why I never believe a word my husband says—and why he shouldn’t believe me. But how could a woman I only just met be the one to find it out?

If I’d known, I’d have called the police sooner.

And maybe I’d have prevented that dreadful scene. Every neighbor peering through their curtains as the sirens wailed in our street.

I could have protected my family.

I could have stopped what happened next…

                                                          MY REVIEW:


The Liar Next DoorThe Liar Next Door by Nicola Marsh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Wow! I read this in 1 sitting and couldn't put it down.
Frankie is married and they have a daughter. He had cheated a few years ago but she forgave him. Now they are becoming friends with their neighbors and there is a gender reveal party for the couple next door that starts the book off. We find out Frankie had been married before, to walter and they talk once a year.
Celeste just moved into the neighborhood and is eager to be friends with Frankie and have her daughter and Frankie's daughter be best friends.
As we get to know all of these people you are wondering who do you trust. Are they who they seem to be. We know there is some blackmailing going on as well.
Things are not always as they seem and the ending, just wow.
Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for the ARC to review.

View all my reviews



                                                           Nicola Marsh


Website
http://www.nicolamarsh.com

Twitter
NicolaMarsh

Genre
Romance, Mystery and Thrillers, Women's Fiction


URL
https://www.goodreads.com/nicola_marsh


USA TODAY bestselling and award-winning Australian author Nicola Marsh writes feel-good fiction…with a twist.

She has published 70 books and sold over 8 million copies worldwide.

She currently writes contemporary romance for Penguin Random House Berkley USA, domestic suspense novels for Hachette UK's Bookouture, and rural romance for Harper Collins Australia's Mira imprint.

She's a Waldenbooks, Bookscan, Amazon, iBooks and Barnes & Noble bestseller, a 2013 RBY and National Readers' Choice Award winner, and a multiple finalist for awards including the Romantic Times Reviewers' Choice Award, HOLT Medallion, Booksellers' Best, Golden Quill, Laurel Wreath, More than Magic and has won several CataRomance Reviewers' Choice Awards.

She loves chatting on social media!

No comments:

Post a Comment