Monday, March 20, 2023

Book Review: Taken by Shalini Boland

 

First published April 13,2012

buy on Amazon


My name is Madison Greene and I was an ordinary teenager until I fell in love… with a vampire. Alexandre is tall, with a sexy French accent and mesmerizing eyes. He makes me feel protected, and he’s completely captured my heart.

At Marchwood House, our sprawling mansion nestled in the English countryside, we’re in our own perfect bubble together. But, in the blink of an eye, everything changes when an old enemy of Alexandre’s sets a trap and rips me away from my boyfriend’s arms.

The ancient demon takes me to his underground city, deep beneath the windswept desert. In the twisting tunnels and enormous vaulted caverns, there’s a bloodthirsty vampire around every corner. I’ve never been so terrified…

It seems like there’s no way out from this underground maze. My life is hanging by a thread, and every second I’m here is a step closer to death. I can’t just sit here and hope that Alexandre will rescue me.

Can I outsmart a city of vampires to escape from this hellish place? And will I ever see Alexandre again?

MY REVIEW:

4/5 stars
2nd book to this series.
Madison did not plan on falling in love with a vampire but she did. We meet the 2 vampire families in this book and how she makes the house home for them in the basement with rooms and they can be down there in the dark.
An ancient demon takes Madison down to an underground and holds her prisoner there in hopes to get the other vampires there and have them be a part of the vampire community.
We find out how monsterous they are and seems to be a traitor amongst their group.
Thank you to NetGalley for the book to review.



Shalini Boland


Website
http://www.shaliniboland.co.uk

Twitter
ShaliniBoland

Genre
Thriller, Fantasy, Science Fiction


Hello :) I write psychological thrillers and dark adventures, and I live in Dorset, England with my husband, two children and our dog. I only write reviews for books I enjoy!

*** Be the first to hear about my NEW THRILLER RELEASES here: http://eepurl.com/b4vb45 ***

No comments:

Post a Comment