Friday, April 26, 2024

Book Review: Nowhere To Hide by Keri Beevis

 


Published April 2, 2024 by Boldwood Books
buy from Amazon

Duncan Stone is one of the country's most eligible and handsome bachelors, and he wants to take me, Callie Parker, on a date. At first I am surprised and flattered, the envy of my friends. Then when our whirlwind romance escalates and he asks me to move in with him, it's like a dream come true. But as I get to really know my new boyfriend, my fairytale turns into a nightmare. Duncan is no Prince Charming. He is the Devil. Isolated from my friends and family, watched day and night, a prisoner in my own life, I know if I am going to survive, I need to escape. When a chance encounter with an old friend throws me a lifeline, I realise this is my live or die moment, and I find a hiding place deep in the Norfolk countryside. I'm supposed to feel safe here, so why do I hear footsteps outside my hideaway late at night, and sense that someone is watching me? Is it paranoia, or has Duncan managed to find me?
Or perhaps the danger is closer to home than I realise.

MY REVIEW:

Nowhere to HideNowhere to Hide by Keri Beevis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Duncan is charming and handsome but underneath he is a control freak, a nightmare, and a devil all rolled into one.
When he takes a liking to Callie, the relationship moves fast. Then he isolates her. Makes it look like she is not stable to her family and her job. He s abusive both physically and mentally.. She even gets rid of her dog to keep the dog safe.
Then she decides to go to her sister for help but that backfires. But help she does get and tries to start over again by old friends. Even to start a new relationship with a man. Someone I liked from the start.
I could not put this book down and I hope to read more books by this author.
Thank you to NetGalley for the arc to review.

View all my reviews



Keri Beevis


Born in Norwich, The United Kingdom

Website

Twitter

Genre



URL
https://www.goodreads.com/allaboutbeev


Hi, I'm Keri Beevis, and I'm the author of the bestselling psychological suspense thrillers, Deep Dark Secrets, Dying To Tell, The Sleepover, and The Summer House.

Other titles I've written include Trust No One, Every Little Breath, The People Next Door, and The House in the Woods (previously released as The Boat House).

I am signed with Boldwood Books and my twelfth thriller, Nowhere To Hide is out 2nd April.

You can find out more about me on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment