Saturday, June 15, 2024

Book Review: Not In Love by Ali Hazelwood

 


First published June 11, 2024
Buy on Amazon

A forbidden, secret affair proves that all’s fair in love and science.

Rue Siebert might not have it all, but she has enough: a few friends she can always count on, the financial stability she yearned for as a kid, and a successful career as a biotech engineer at Kline, one of the most promising start-ups in the field of food science. Her world is stable, pleasant, and hard-fought. Until a hostile takeover and its offensively attractive front man threatens to bring it all crumbling down.

Eli Killgore and his business partners want Kline, period. Eli has his own reasons for pushing this deal through - and he's a man who gets what he wants. With one burning exception: Rue. The woman he can't stop thinking about. The woman who's off-limits to him.

Torn between loyalty and an undeniable attraction, Rue and Eli throw caution out the lab and the boardroom windows. Their affair is secret, no-strings-attached, and has a built-in deadline: the day one of their companies will prevail. But the heart is risky business - one that plays for keeps.

MY REVIEW:

Not in LoveNot in Love by Ali Hazelwood
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this book from the very start and it is my first book I have read by this author. But it will not be my last. I liked Rue and she reminded me of Tempence from the tv show Bones. Not many friends, not sure how to do relationships and very smart.
Rue and Eli met in a bar for sex only after they had met on an APP. Right after that she finds out he works for the company who is out to take the company she works for. He also did not know who she was when they met. They decide to go ahead and have sex anyways. She usually only does 1 night stands and never seeing the guy again, But there is something about Eli that she changes her stance.
I found these 2 fun and seeing their relationship grow.
Thank you to NetGalley and Berkley Publishing for the ARC to review.
#NetGalley #Notinlove

View all my reviews



Ali Hazelwood


Bornin Italy
December 01

Website

Twitter

Genre


https://www.goodreads.com/alihazelwood


I'm Ali, and I write contemporary romcom novels about women in STEM and academia. I love cats, Nutella, and side ponytails. I'm also currently learning to crochet, so as you can tell I'm a super busy gal with an intense and exciting life!

I only use Goodreads as a reader, to review and hype books that I've loved (many of these book are ARCs received from fellow authors)

No comments:

Post a Comment