Sunday, October 27, 2019

Book Review: Christmas With a Cowboy by Carolyn Brown

Christmas with a Cowboy (Longhorn Canyon, #5)

A rugged Texas cowboy gets into the Christmas spirit to prove himself to the woman he loves in this heartwarming fifth novel of the USA Today bestselling series.

Maverick Callahan lives up to his reputation as a freewheeling cowboy. But a year ago he fell head-over-heels for an extraordinary woman he met while on vacation, a woman he was convinced he'd never see again. So when she appears on his doorstep like a Christmas miracle, Maverick is determined not to waste his lucky break.

Bridget O'Malley's world has flipped upside down. As the new guardian of her best friend's baby, she hasn't had a moment to think about the Texas rancher who broke her heart. He's just as sexy as ever, but she knows better than anyone that he's not the settling-down type. As the trees are trimmed and mistletoe hung, will some holiday magic help Bridget trust this carefree cowboy with her heart and her future?

Includes a bonus novella, "Rocky Mountain Cowboy Christmas" by Sara Richardson!


AMAZON

                                                  MY REVIEW:

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Maverick is on holiday when he meets Bridget. It was a very short relationship and he can't get her out of his mind. They will never see each other again. It is about a year later he goes to see his grandmother and Bridget is the one taking care of her, with a baby in tow. But it isn't his. Her best friend's were killed in a car accident and she became guardian of the baby.
I loved this book. For a guy who never wanted to settle down or have kids he is so good with children and they all love him. Other women see him as a brother and he is there for everyone. SO much so that Bridget misunderstands a couple of things and then realizes it and feels like a fool. Maverick knows she is the one for him but she keeps saying she is going back home when his grandmother is all better and he doesn't want to leave the ranch. You will have to read this to find out what happened between these 2 and where they want to settle down.
I received this from Forever and NetGalley for a review.



Carolyn Brown

Carolyn Brown


Website

Genre

Folks ask me where I get my ideas. Three kids, fifteen grandchildren, two great grandchildren. Note: I was a very young grandmother! Life is a zoo around here when they all come home. In one Sunday afternoon there's enough ideas to keep me writing for years and years. Seriously, ideas pop up at the craziest times. When one sinks its roots into my mind, I have no choice but to write the story. And while I'm writing the characters peek over my shoulder and make sure I'm telling it right and not exaggerating too much. Pesky little devils, they are!

I have a wonderful agent, Erin Niumata, who continues to work magic and sell my work. I'm very lucky to have her and my editors who continue to believe in me.







5 comments:

  1. I always enjoy this author's work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, I'm not really into cowboy books though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review, I'm really glad you fully enjoyed reading this book. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review. I can’t wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete