Saturday, August 13, 2022

Book Review: The Ex Between Us by Nicola Marsh

 

                                                     Kindle Edition, 323 pages
                                                     Published August 12th 2022
                                                     Buy on Amazon

The best of friends keep the deadliest secrets…

Jo is my best friend. From high school to adulthood, we’ve gone through everything together. Even when I made a foolish mistake and betrayed her in the worst way, she forgave me. She’s godmother to my son and our lives are intertwined. We want the best for each other, always.

I hope she approves of my new boyfriend Noah. How could she not? Noah is kind, attentive and loves me for who I am. But when I introduce them over dinner one evening, Jo doesn’t look happy. She’s always been protective of me and as Noah clutches my hand, I force her reaction to the back of my mind.

But later Jo tells me that someone is threatening her and she fears for her life. And all too soon, the threats land at my door too. At first it’s small things: my precious roses destroyed, my mail sabotaged. But when I receive a note saying, “I want your life,” I’m terrified.

Someone wants to cause me harm. They’re prepared to take everything I love. But are they closer to me than I could have ever imagined?

                                                     MY REVIEW:


The Ex Between UsThe Ex Between Us by Nicola Marsh
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Abigail and Jo have been best friends since high school. Even when Abigail made a mistake that hurt Jo. Jo is godmother to Abigail's son, Robbie. They are always there for each other.
Abigail's son just moved away to college and things have been over for Abigail and Cal, Robbie's father, for quite some time.
Abi now has a new boyfriend but is it as it seems? Jo is wanting Cal's friend Tom and thinks maybe there could be something between them.
But then someone starts targeting Abi and Jo. Leaving things at both of their doorsteps. Who would want to hurt both of them? It seems that 2 women they went to school with are in town and one was the mean girl from high school.
Just when I thought I had an idea what was going on then something would happen to change my mind.
Thank you to Bookouture and NetGalley for the book to review.

View all my reviews



                                                         Nicola Marsh


Website
http://www.nicolamarsh.com

Twitter
NicolaMarsh

Genre
Romance, Mystery and Thrillers, Women's Fiction



URL
https://www.goodreads.com/nicola_marsh


USA TODAY bestselling and award-winning Australian author Nicola Marsh writes page-turning fiction to keep you up all night.

She has published 80 books and sold over 8 million copies worldwide.

She currently writes domestic suspense novels for Hachette UK's Bookouture, rural romance for Harper Collins Australia's HQ imprint, and contemporary romance.

She's a Waldenbooks, Bookscan, Amazon, iBooks and Barnes & Noble bestseller, a 2013 RBY and National Readers' Choice Award winner, and a multiple finalist for many other awards.

She loves chatting on social media!

No comments:

Post a Comment