Thursday, April 06, 2023

Book Review: Hitched by Lauren Biel

 

Published January 25, 2023

buy from Amazon


"Ready or not, rabbit, here I come"

Lex
The moment I open the car door and see her sweet face, I know I'm making a mistake. By offering to give me a ride, so is she. I spot the rabbit’s foot hanging from the rear-view mirror. It's not her lucky day.

I take her with me as I run from the law. Despite being a felon and a documented sociopath, I only mean for Selena to be a ride to the border. But somewhere along the way she stirs up feelings I've long thought myself incapable of.

She's my rabbit, my sweet little bunny, and I need to teach her how to run from me so I can catch her and show her what it's like to be devoured by the predator she should be afraid of.

Danger lurks in every corner, and the risk of getting caught grows by the day. What will I do once she takes me to my destination? Will I let her go or do something much worse? Can we find some way to stay together when the world wants to pull us apart?


Trigger Warnings: Infidelity (not between mcs), domestic violence (not between mcs), detailed abuse in the past for both mcs, murder, violence, abduction, suicidal ideations, dubious/non consent, attempted non con (not between mcs), sociopathic behavior, somnophilia scene, c*ck stuffing scene, degradation kink, praise, spitting, outdoor/car scenes, primal play, c*m play, b*tt stuff (including anal and oral), voyeurism, exhibitionism, jealous/possessive behavior, sado-masochism

Hitched is a dual POV dark hitchhiker standalone novel with an HEA

MY REVIEW:


HitchedHitched by Lauren Biel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

There are some grey areas to me as far as sex/rape is concerned. He always gave her a choice but sometimes the choice was death. Whether he actually would have , I have no idea.
Lex escaped from prison and while hitchhiking he gets picked up from a young woman, Selena. she is married to an abusive husband. These 2 end up gong on the run together.
It is a dark story and lots of trigger warnings.
There were time I would like Lex and then he would turn around and be an asshole.
I don't know why she went on the run with him after confronting her husband. I would have stayed and never thought of or mentioned Lex again. Then I had to remember that she comes from an abusive relationship and maybe doesn't know any better. I did see this on TikTok for recommendation.

View all my reviews


Lauren Biel

Lauren’s stories are often emotionally raw, with lots of twists and turns. She describes her writing as “where light meets dark”, which represents how her witty humor compliments the darkness in every story. Instead of trying to mold her writing to fit in a box, she chooses to be unapologetically herself. While her focus is on Romance with dark elements, subgenre is no constraint for her. The common theme in every book is finding love when you least expect it. She enjoys putting her characters through tribulations, allowing their triumphs to be that much more poignant. Make sure you have your seatbelts secured. It’s always a bumpy ride.

When she’s not working, she’s writing. When she’s not writing, she’s spending time with her husband, her friends, or her pets. You might also find her on a horseback trail ride or sitting beside a waterfall in Upstate New York. She has a pretty normal life, yet her stories are anything but.

No comments:

Post a Comment