Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Reading some good books

It is almost 8 pm and I am ready for bed. yesterday and Monday was hot and humid so when the boys woke up I brought them to my house since I have ac.

I guess I should tell you what has been going on since I used to blog. I worked for a forage lab from May 2007 until July 2016. 2015 and 2016 my health had pretty much shit the bed. Diabetes, high cholesterol, sleep apnea, thyroid disease, high blood pressure. So many doctor appointments and being sick a lot meant missing a lot of time at work. So they let me go. I really needed a new job anyways. They gave me 6 weeks notice so I could take time off for job interviews and such. Well my resume was sent to probably 100 places and had only 1 interview, which I did not get the job. May 29th of last year my 2nd grandson was born. Amber wanted to go back to work but they couldn't afford daycare with 2 kids. So I sat down with them and said that I would watch the boys for X amount of money. They live 6 minutes from my house. I don't drive in the snow so on those days Dylan would come pick me up and take me to his house, since it is much easier watching them at their house. In the summer I bring them to my house on hot and humid days since I have ac. It has worked out really well. My asthma is so much better being out of that lab since it was very dirty and stinky. I have not had to call in sick and can actually go there when I don't feel well. I just put TV on for them and rest. It has been a win win situation. I get at their house around 6:15am. The boys don't get up til 9 so I take my laptop and check Facebook and watch You Tube videos. Once in awhile I go back to sleep. I am done watching them at 4. Most times Dylan and Amber want me to eat dinner with them but I now only do that once a week. I need my down time too. Since Scott works nights and is sleeping during dinner time then it works for me.


Now onto the last couple of days. I have read some good books.
The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks was great. Now I need to watch the movie
Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll I gave a 4 star rating. Very good.
Yesterday I read : First Comes Love by Emily Giffin. I think I gave that 3 stars. Very dysfunctional family.

I am currently reading Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult. I am halfway though it or maybe more than that. I am enjoying it as I always like her books.

Monday night I did color in Daydreams by Hanna Karlzon and I need to finish that.

When I got done babysitting today then Dylan and I took the boys and got groceries. Blake, who is 1 was miserable through the store and all the way home. I know he was hungry and we gave him a bottle but he will not hold it up and so nothing comes out of it. The little bugger.

Well I guess i bored you enough today. I just wanted to fill you in on what has been going on here for the past 2 years.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry your health has been so bad. I'm glad to hear you worked out a plan with your the kids. Sounds like a lot better job to me. As long as you are happy that's what matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelleen, I am sorry that your health got to the point where you were let go from your job. I think you taking care of the boys is a good situation for everyone. Thank you for the book recommendations! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete