Thursday, February 27, 2020

Book Review: Apprentice In Death by J.D. Robb

Apprentice in Death (In Death, #43)

The shots came quickly, silently, and with deadly accuracy. Within seconds, three people were dead at Central Park’s ice skating rink. The victims: a talented young skater, a doctor, and a teacher. As random as random can be.

Eve Dallas has seen a lot of killers during her time with the NYPSD, but never one like this. After reviewing security videos, it becomes clear that the victims were killed by a sniper firing a tactical laser rifle, who could have been miles away when the trigger was pulled. And though the locations where the shooter could have set up seem endless, the list of people with that particular skill set is finite: police, military, professional killer.

Eve’s husband, Roarke, has unlimited resources—and genius—at his disposal. And when his computer program leads Eve to the location of the sniper, she learns a shocking fact: There were two—one older, one younger. Someone is being trained by an expert in the science of killing, and they have an agenda. Central Park was just a warm-up. And as another sniper attack shakes the city to its core, Eve realizes that though we’re all shaped by the people around us, there are those who are just born evil...

                              My Review:

Apprentice in Death (In Death, #43)Apprentice in Death by J.D. Robb
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
#43 in the In Death series. Someone is out shooting people in public. The first time the shooter took out 3 people on the ice rink in Central Park. After investigating it seems there is a sniper out there that can shoot from a couple of miles away using a tactical laser rifle and this person does not miss. When Eve brings her husband in to use his skills she finds out that there are 2 people, 1 young, 1 older. What we find out is horrifying. Then another attack happens that brings the city down to it's knees and why is the big question.
while this is going on there is also going to be a 1st birthday party for Mavis's daughter, which Eve is not looking forwards to.
Also Roarke is having Eve's office remodeled at their house and she is non to happy until she sees the results.





View all my reviews

9 comments:

  1. I've heard so many good things about this series, but I've been too intimidated to start it because of how many books are in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not my genre (I can't do a series with more than like, 12 books LOL), but I'm so glad you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a huge fan of police thrillers, but I know a ton of people love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow 43rd book, that is some going. Sounds fab. Lovely review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of those authors I keep meaning to read - thanx for the review

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this author on my TBR

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love Nora Roberts and have wanted to start reading some of her JD Robb stuff. This book looks great :)

    Happy reading!
    Megan | Ginger Mom & Company

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like Megan, I love Nora Roberts and have reread some of her romance series many times over but yet to read her J.D.Robb books...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you liked this one. Going to take me awhile to catch up. I am starting Creation in Death soon.

    ReplyDelete