Saturday, August 10, 2024

Book Review: Wicked Serve by Grace Reilly

 


Expected publication August 13, 2024
Buy on Amazon

He’s my brother’s biggest hockey rival… but he’s bringing the heat for me.

Nikolai

Hockey is my life, and I need to make this last season count. But when I’m forced to transfer to rival school McKee University for my senior year, I risk pissing off the captain, who happens to be the older brother of Isabelle Callahan: the gorgeous beam of sunshine I messed around with in secret this summer.

Rekindling our fling could risk her brother icing me off the team—not to mention the fact that my scarred past makes having a real relationship impossible—and yet the moment I see Isabelle again, all my wild, burning feelings come rushing back.

Izzy

I have two goals for sophomore year: win back my old volleyball position, and forget I ever knew devilishly handsome hockey defenseman Nikolai Abney-Volkov. As the youngest and only daughter in a family full of athletes, failure isn’t an option.

But when Nik crashes back into my life, I can’t stay away from his broody charm. I’m determined to guard my heart this time, but between the furtive hookups and the heartfelt conversations, the lines between friends-with-benefits and more begin to blur.

As we fall deeper into a place we can’t come back from unscathed, we’ll have to make a choice: fight for a future together, or watch it go up in flames.

MY REVIEW:


Wicked Serve (Beyond the Play #4)Wicked Serve by Grace Reilly
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Nikolai is in the last season of hockey in college and is forced tos witch colleges. So now he is playing with his enemy, who is the brother of Izzy. Hm and Izzy had a summer fling and didn't think they would see each other again.
Their feelings are back but they need to keep things from her brother. But then the brother and him start becoming friends.
Izzy plays volleyball and wants her position back but for some reason the coach has it out for her. So she has to prove herself and get what she wants, Both the position and Nikolai.
I found it a cute romance and enjoyed reading it.
Thank you to NetGalley and Avon and Harper Voyager for the ebook to review.

View all my reviews
#wickedserve



Grace Reilly


Website

Genre


Hi! I’m Grace.

I’m so glad you’re here! Originally from Long Island, I now live in Florida, where I pretend the lizards in my backyard are miniature dragons and soak up the sunshine. I can usually be found with a notebook in one hand and a paperback (or my Kindle!) in another. A storyteller at heart with a deep romantic streak, I write what I love to read: stories filled with swoon and steam, laughter and love, family and friendships, and authentic, earnest emotions and growth. I love drawing on my personal passions for my books, which is how my sports fanaticism resulted in the Beyond the Play series.

More about me: I collect earrings, the quirkier the better. I never turn down a good mint chocolate chip ice cream. I listen to way too much sports talk radio. And I adore writing about couples who are stronger together.

No comments:

Post a Comment