Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A finish and a new start


 JCS 2004 Paw Printing - Penguin Hugs
28 ct Silkweaver , DMC, kreini, MH snowflakes
1/7/11-6/22/11
My June ornament is done. This is Penguin Hugs by Paw Printings. I started him in January as part of the Crazy January Challenge. Isn't he cute?

Then I started a new HAED SAL. Oh now stop groaning, you knew I had to join the new one. If they only had ugly ones this time then I wouldn't have joined. See it isn't my fault at all *G*

I only put in 100 stitches. I will alternate with this piece and Fragile Heart. Once Fragile Heart is done then I will move onto the first HAED I had started, Aurora's Garden. Hopefully I won't like any of the SALs next year lol.
While stitching I watched all this week's General Hospitals and finished listening to The Lovers by John Connolly. Although I liked the book, I don't understand why 2 beings were going after the main character. I either blocked out the part that explained it or it never did explain it enough for me to understand. Oh well.

Tomorrow I have calling hours to go to. My cousin-in-laws father died on Sunday after suffering from cancer all through his body. Please keep her and her family in your prayers as they go through this difficult time. He was a great man and always had a smile on his face.

Dylan's girlfriend, Allie, txt me today saying that she had an extra ticket for graduation and really wanted me to go. So of course I will go and am thrilled that she asked me. It is Sunday at 2. Her graduation party is July 3rd and I am looking forwards to that.

Thank you for reading and all the comments, I sure do appreciate them.

10 comments:

  1. Love the little penguin! too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute finish. That penguin is gorgeous.
    Looking forward to see your newest HAED growing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for starting another HAED! I will watch your progress in awe, since I will never stitch one myself. I need to catch up on my January challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie pie finish! Have fun at graduation and the celebrations, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck with the HAED Sal - i couldn't resist either, they were just too nice. and really, what's one more little start lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That penguin is just so cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the penguin is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your ornie. He's just adorable!!! Lovely. And grats on the new start. (It's always fun to start something new!!) Which chart is it? Sounds like you have a stitching plan. Good for you! Sorry to hear about your cousin in laws father. It's awful to lose a parent. Prayers said for the family and the father as well. Graduation sounds like fun! Glad you got invited. Have fun at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute penguin! You sure do like those HAED's don't you? You must be one special lady since it seems like all of Dylan's girlfriends like you so much. Even after they are exes. Good going.

    ReplyDelete