Thursday, July 21, 2011

Somebody turn off the furnace!

Geesh, it is 10:30 at night and I still can't walk around in my house. I left the a/c family room to grab a snack, out to the kitchen, and started sweating as soon as I walked down the hall. I am not one to complain about the cold but just all the snow so I can gripe about this heat and humidity. The a/c still can't get this room below 77.

We weren't to busy at work and I got out a little early as the work was done. Had Weight Watchers tonight and lost 1.8 lbs. So it is the 1.2 that I had gained over the 4th of July and then another .6  I was hoping to lose at least 2 lbs but I am happy with this. I have 9 more lbs to lose by Labor Day, my personal goal.

Tonight I did put in another 100 stitches on Rapunzel. I wanted to give up so many times as it was just to hot to stitch and I was uncomfortable but I trudged on.

I watched:
Live with regis and Kelly
General Hospital
Supernatural season finale - finally!

Well I am going to go to bed and hopefully fall asleep. I have an a/c in the bedroom.

Thank you all for your comments, I appreciate them very much!
Shelleen

10 comments:

  1. Ah, Shelleen, it's something awful here too. The outside temp at ten fifty three is eighty six degrees!!! It's horrible outside. I hope you get a cool wave soon, and low humidity. Ugh! Rapunzel must have lots of confetti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rapunsel is looking good already! I love how you love HAEDs, and I have several kitted and have yet to get hooked, or even started on one of them. One of these days....

    Heat index at 100 at 10:00 here. I've had enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great progress on both stitching and the weight loss. I know it isn't easy. I'm finally down 20 lbs but it took a bit and I have about another 1/2 of person to lose UGH. I did however do my measurements and that makes me feel loads better since I know I lost atleast 4 inches in my hips woohoo....measure yourself and you'll see a bigger difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job to keep on stitching, just a teeny little 10x10 square at a time! I'll watch you finish (even though I've never tried a HAED myself).

    It's not too hot here in California, barely reaching 90, and it's a chilly 64 degrees tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Send some of that heat over to Scotland, were having a cool summer this year :o) Your stitching looks fab and congrats on your weight loss so far x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is hot everywhere, but it really hurts when the ac won't help. Hope it cools down for you. Good luck with the weight loss, also hard to do when it is so hot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the weightloss. We had a little reprieve today with some rain, but then the sun came out and the humidity is terrible again. So the AC stays on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate it when it is time to go to bed and it is still hotter outside than inside with the a/c on. We have a whole house a/c and keep it 77 degrees! Last night it was still 85 + outside when I went to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice progress on all your stuff! I just caught up with all your posts. Can't wait for this weather to finally break! I don't want to see my electric bill this month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hot weather is worse than cold weather. I always find it difficult to cool down whereas one can simply add a layer of clothing. I hope the temps relax soon.
    Felicity in cold Brisbane, Australia

    ReplyDelete