Tuesday, May 16, 2006

a sad day

Well I sit here brokenhearted and in tears. I will need group hugs later. As some of you know I have an 18 year old cat who was diagnosed with Kidney disease 2 1/2 years ago. We started to give her IVs and put her on a special diet. other than that she was as healthy as a kitten. Well the past couple of months she started losing a little weight and didn't like the IV anymore. Last week she dropped a significant amount of weight and stopped eating on Thursday and most of Friday. DH said she is done and will die in her sleep. Well we tried to give her an IV and she tore into my hand pretty good. i did get some fluids in her and a few hours later she was perky again and eating. She ate Friday night, all day Saturday and Sunday morning then went back into the funk again and it is now Tuesday morning and she still has not eaten since Sunday morning. She can't seem to get comfortable and i think because she is all bones now that she is having a little trouble walking or she is just dizzy from not eating. i took her to bed with me last night and told her I love her and she is such a good girl and she has permission to go to the rainbow bridge. This morning she is still with us and I am making an appointment with the vet today so she can join my other cats and dogs at the rainbow bridge. This is the best thing for her and she has led a great life. We have 4 other cats who are not lap cats and lovey. She is my stitching cat and always loved to be held and carried on my shoulders, except for the past week. I will have a very big void in my life without her.

15 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Shelleen ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelleen, *Hugs* honey, I'm so sorry about your furbaby.

    *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so, so sorry Shelleen. It's really hard to let them go. {{{{hugs}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is awful Shelleen....remember all the wonderful times you have shared with her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelleen, you know how I feel about your fur baby. It just breaks my heart! It's one of the hardest things in the world to let go of such a precious gift from God. {{{{{{Soft, loving hugs}}}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry bout your kitty, Shelleen. At least he isn't suffering anymore. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shelleen, My thoughts are with you and your dear companion at this time. Our furry friends are a gift that we always hold in our hearts. Take care. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. ((Shelleen)) Take Care. Sorry to hear the news.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's wonderful that you were able to share her love for 18 years! I bet they were very happy years.

    You are in my thoughts. *HUG*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry to hear about your furbaby. We lost ours about two years ago from renal failure as well. My heart goes out to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry that your furbaby isn't sitting next to you as you stitch tonight. {{{{hugs}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shelleen *hugs* I'm so sorry to hear about your furbaby.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shelleen, I am soooo sorry for your loss. I have been there too (last time was in 2001).... it is such a difficult thing to deal with when your beloved pet falls ill... you did the right thing... {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry for the very very belated post, but I'm only just catching up on blog reading after over a month's absence ... just wanted to say how sorry I was to read of your furbaby going across the rainbow bridge. It's one of the hardest decisions we have to make as pet owners, but it was for the best. Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you, even though it's a few weeks late.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous6:30 AM

    Shelleen, I know this is late, but I'm so sorry about your beloved furbaby. {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete