Monday, August 13, 2012

Closing Ceremony

First I want to say how much I enjoyed the Summer Olympics. I don't usually watch them and was actually quite surprised that it was on every time I was home. Justin even watched them with me. Our Favorite was Misty and Kerri for the Beach Volleyball. I liked our other team too but these 2 had us on the edge of our seats. Synchronized swimming and diving was also another one we got into. I always said I would never watch them , well we did. I am proud of all our teams and the other countries even the ones who didn't get a medal. They made it to the Olympics and should be proud of themselves.
Now I LOVED the opening ceremony but the closing was ok.
Remember I started a new piece for an Olympic challenge? I started it during the Opening Ceremonies and stitched on it til 7 pm last night. My parents invited Justin and I to watch the ceremonies at their house, They bought 2 HD tvs and said we had to come over. So now I want a HD tv lol.

Anyways here is what I did during the Olympics. She will go into my rotation.
HAED Faces of Faery 66
25 ct - 1x1

I also bought 2 new charts since HAED had a 50% sale and who can pass those up. I bought Faces of Feary 81 by JBG and also Boo by Spangler. There are 4 of us starting Boo as a SAL and will start January 1. Should be fun.

I also received a pkg in the mail from a friend, full of specialty floss, tea, bookmarks, 3 cozy mystery books and a HAED. Love getting pkgs in the mail.

11 comments:

  1. You stitched up quite a storm during the Olympics! Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it is truly coming along so lovely ..well done xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice progress on your stitching during the Olympics, Shelleen.

    I've had an HDTV for about 6 years and the picture is definitely better. Maybe you can get one for Christmas? There are usually great sales then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good progress and very impressive keeping up with all those color changes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice stitching. What a lovely package to get in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress on your Faery Face during the Olympics! My daughter and I tried to watch every single event! (I missed judo somehow.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made great progress stitching during the Olympics. I got hooked watching them too! Didn't think the ceremonies were anything special.

    happy stitching.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was glued to the men's gymnastics myself. Such dexterity those men have hmmmm. FOF looks fantastic you got a lot done. I'd give that a gold medal for sure. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job n your stitching. The Olympics were fantastic. The opening and closing were so British and it really mde me miss living there. Hopefully we will get back some day.

    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have made great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great progress I enjoyed the Olympics too even though I am not a sports fan

    ReplyDelete