Monday, October 08, 2018

Tell Nobody by Patricia Gibney review

Tell Nobody (Detective Lottie Parker, #5)Tell Nobody by Patricia Gibney
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

One hot summer evening, eleven-year-old Mikey Driscoll is on the way home from playing with friends. Two days later, his broken body is discovered on a bed of wild flowers by some local teenagers.

The case is assigned to Detective Lottie Parker and this time it’s personal. A close friend of her son Sean, Mikey was from the run-down Munbally estate on the other side of town. Sean tells his mother that Mikey was behaving normally before he died but Lottie can’t help but feel that her son is keeping something from her …

Then days later, another boy is found dead, surrounded by wild flowers next to a beautiful lake.

My Thoughts:
I will put the warning out there that there is abuse and children are murdered. So for those that can't read something like that then this book is not for you.
So many families are affected by this and sports coaches. On top of that there is a man from NYPD looking for Lottie. She wants nothing to do with him. This is book #5 of this series and I did not read the other 4. I did not feel that had to either. I really liked Lottie and her family. I was scared for her son Sean who was trying to figure out what was going on.
I received this from NetGalley and Bookouture for an honest review.


View all my reviews

Buy this on Amazon



6 comments:

  1. I've been intrigued by this one after seeing it on Goodreads. Maybe I'll give it a try since it can be read as a standalone. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As disturbing as this one sounds I might

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review, this one looks and sounds absolutely great I might have to check this one out, thank you so much for sharing your awesome post and for putting this book on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good review, Shelleen. I read the blurb and decided to pass on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done - this one looks intense!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this one looks like my kind of book. Great review.

    ReplyDelete