Monday, March 20, 2023

Book Review: Becoming Bailey by Nicole Abrams

 

                                                    

                           Published March 30, 2023

buy from Amazon


Boys my age don’t do it for me… But my professor, who is all Man, does.

Uncomfortable in my skin since high school. I was waiting for the right person to help me out of my shell. Someone who saw me fully, and not just something to look at. Then it happened, I fell for my professor.

Literally.

Right into his tattoo covered arms.

Now, I want all of him. His looks. His words. Him.

He tries to stay away. Knows he’s no good for me. But then strange things start to happen in my life.

The feeling of eyes on me, always watching. Books flying off the shelves, when no one is seemingly around. And letters being left for me.

And when he finds out, he demands I stay close. At first it seems like it’s out of duty. Yet, when the stolen looks turn into fiery touches… It was only a matter of time before we gave into the flames that burned inside us.

But the professor is holding back. He has a secret hidden behind his eyes, from his past. And it looks to have come back to haunt him, and hunt me.

For as the closer we get the more intense the threat becomes.

One thing is for sure though, if I get out of this alive; I am going to make the professor mine.

MY REVIEW:


4/5stars

At first I had a hard time with the age thing but Bailey is 21 so then I was like ok. I didn't realize it was part of a series and I didnt read the other books and I don't feel like I missed out on anything.
The book starts out Bailey's senior year in high school and she was mistreated after a boy wouldn't take no for an answer and then we jump ahead 3 years later while she is in college and has Julian as her professor and they are attracted to each other right off the bat. He stays away though because she is his student. Things start to get steamy between then and then her life seems to be in danger.
Thank you to the author for the chance to read the arc.




Nicole Abrams



Nicole Abrams is best known for her debut contemporary romance novel, Finding Caroline. Born in Georgia, she moved frequently with her military family, finally settling back into her home state as an adult. Always an avid reader, she eventually started journaling and writing short stories, which led to the creation of her first book. Nicole is a breast cancer survivor, beating her diagnosis in 2021 after undergoing surgery and radiation. She has an unhealthy obsession with the TV show Friends and when she is not writing you can find her spending time with the man of her dreams and their son.

No comments:

Post a Comment