Wednesday, March 08, 2023

Book Review: The Summer House by Keri Beevis

 

Published March 6,  2023

buy on Amazon

Mead House was once our childhood home.

Despite my fears, I always knew we would have to return to face the demons of our past.

Back to the place where it happened, to where, as carefree teenagers, we lost our elder sister in the most brutal of circumstances.

As executors of our grandmother’s will, my twin brother, Ollie, and I needed to empty the house for resale.

What I didn’t expect to discover was my sister’s secret journal that contained her most private thoughts and shocking dark secrets.

Now I am questioning everything that I saw that night. Did I get it wrong, who I saw?

Did my evidence send an innocent man, my then boyfriend's brother, to jail for the last 17 years?

I know I have no choice. If I want to find answers, I will have to go back to that fateful night my sister died. When she made her last visit to the summer house.

                                                 MY REVIEW:


The Summer HouseThe Summer House by Keri Beevis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Mead House was once our childhood home.
It is a place where the oldest sister is murdered and the twins left behind go separate ways as adults. Now the house is left to them in their grandmother's will and they need to fix it up in order to sell it. Lana finds her sister's diary and things start to make her wonder what really happened. Ollie has his fiance with him who is a spoiled rich bitch.
As Lana uncovers what really happened the night her sister died, shocking truths come out in this psychological thriller. I read this in one day.
Thanks to Boldwood Books and NetGalley for the book to review.

View all my reviews


Hi, I'm Keri Beevis, and I'm the author of the bestselling psychological suspense thrillers, Deep Dark Secrets, Dying To Tell and The Sleepover.

Other titles I've written include Trust No One, Every Little Breath, The People Next Door, With Friends Like These, M for Murder and D for Dead.

In 2021 I signed a 4-book deal with Boldwood Books and my first title with them, The Sleepover, was a UK Top 10 Bestseller.

My next book, The Summer House, is released 6th March 2023.

You can find out more about me on my website.

www.keribeevis.com

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is highly inspiring and enlightening. Go ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a very interesting and helpful blog. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete