Monday, March 20, 2023

Book Review: Hidden by Shalini Boland

 

First published March 15,2011

buy from Amazon 


My name is Madison Greene. On my seventeenth birthday, I inherited an old mansion and wealth beyond my wildest dreams. I thought it was a joke, but as I step through the creaking door of the sprawling building, I realise my life in foster care is in the past. I’ve been chosen and my world has changed forever.

But I wasn’t told that Marchwood House hides a secret.

As I explore every inch of the crumbling property, I stumble upon a set of large, dusty boxes in the basement. When I pull back the lid and look down, I find myself staring at the most handsome face I’ve ever seen. High cheekbones, porcelain skin…

And when he wakes up and locks eyes with me, I realise my heart already belongs to him, even though my head is screaming at me to get as far away from Marchwood as possible. Because I know what he really is.

I never planned to fall in love – but it’s too late now. Alexandre has a dark and dangerous past. He needs me and I have to help him. But can a human really save a vampire?

MY REVIEW:

4/5 stars
This was different than other vampire books. There seems to be only one way to kill them.
When Madison turned 17 she found out that her and her brother, Ben inherited this house and a lot of money.
Looking all through the house she finds a room that is locked up tight and she wants to find out what is hidden. Vampires.
Loved how Madison tried making friends with her old high school friends by having a party only to find out having a party isn't all that it is cracked up to be.
She meets a guy to be her DJ and they are friends but he wants more from her.
The story is in the present and 1881 fluctuates throughout the book so you get to know the families back when.
Thank you NetGalley and Second Sky for the book to review.



Shalini Boland


Website
http://www.shaliniboland.co.uk

Twitter
ShaliniBoland

Genre
Thriller, Fantasy, Science Fiction


Hello :) I write psychological thrillers and dark adventures, and I live in Dorset, England with my husband, two children and our dog. I only write reviews for books I enjoy!

*** Be the first to hear about my NEW THRILLER RELEASES here: http://eepurl.com/b4vb45 ***

No comments:

Post a Comment