Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Book Review: Hunted by Shalini Boland

 

First published March 8, 2016

buy on Amazon


My name is Madison Greene and my boyfriend is a vampire. And not just any vampire, one with brooding good looks and a smile that makes my heart skip a beat. As I curl up against Alexandre’s side, our hands entwined, I feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

Although our relationship hasn’t been easy. I’m human, so there were always going to be complications. But I thought we’d banished the demons from his previous life. I couldn’t have been more wrong…

Because there’s a new threat in the form of Nadia – a blue-eyed beauty who seems determined to do everything she can to break us apart. I trust Alexandre but I don’t trust her.

As I start digging into the truth to find out who Nadia really is, centuries-old secrets begin to unravel. And in order to set Alexandre free from the chains of his past, we must return to the ancient underground city of vampires to defeat Alexandre’s archnemesis once and for all.

Can I finally save Alexandre? Or will loving a vampire be the death of me?

MY REVIEW:
4/5 stars
I would have given this book 5 stars but 2 things bothered me.
First of all Ben was going to school and then all of a sudden can't but the school never called or asked where he has been and no consequences.
2nd is this has bothered me in other books I have read is names. Ok I understand people have nicknames, don't get me wrong. But when there is a character named Kelermes and when the author talks about him and then changes to his nickname of Kel all within changing each paragraph, that is crazy. I can see another character in the book calling him Kel but when the author goes back and forth just telling what he is doing then that is just plain weird. She did ok with ALexandre and only calling him ALex when another character called him that.
Otherwise the whole thing the Bright One was really cool and all of these characters living in the mansion and how close they are and being there for each other is why I had to finish this series.
Thanks to NetGalley for the book to review.


Hello :) I write psychological thrillers and dark adventures, and I live in Dorset, England with my husband, two children and our dog. I only write reviews for books I enjoy!

*** Be the first to hear about my NEW THRILLER RELEASES here: http://eepurl.com/b4vb45 ***

*** Join up to get FREE eBOOK DEALS here: http://www.ebooksoda.com ***

No comments:

Post a Comment