Sunday, July 18, 2010

This weekends events

FRIDAY:
Happy 22nd Anniversary to my sweet husband. Unfortunately he had to work.
I stitched for the SAT with Let's Stitch blog and Stitching Sisters Yahoo group. I stitched on HAED SK Mermaid of the Deep.
I also watched General Hospital and the movie Fred Clause.
This is how much progress that I made.

SATURDAY: I stitched for a few hours on HAED SK Mermaid of the Deep. I watched 2 movies. Speed racer , which was cute and then Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2.
The SAT today was with Only One Ewe BB and stitching Sisters Yahoo group.
Scott took me out for dinner for our Anniversary. We went to a new place to us in Clarence. It is called Old Red Mill. Scott had Prime Rib and I had Surf-n-turf= Prime Rib and snow crab legs. It was excellent food and Scott said the best Prime rib he has had in a while. We will go back there again.
SUNDAY:
Dylan and I went grocery shopping then I took off with Justin and we saw a local theater group do the musical for Footloose. It was at a high school an hour away from me. Along the way there was a Quilt store so we stopped. I was looking all around and making comments to Justin. I don't know if it was the owner or just someone that worked there , but she was really nice. I told her that I didn't quilt and I was a just a cross stitcher and wanted fabric for my finishes. She said we are not just cross stitchers but we are fiber artists. I liked that and had never heard us referred as that. I told her that my husband would have a fit if I got into another craft lol. She said that he can't be to bad if he brought you to the store. LMAO!! I told her Justin was my 20 year old son and not my husband. She said no way. I do not look old enough. I told her yes, I am 45. She wouldn't believe me lol.
So we found the school with no problem and the musical was great. Justin had 2 friends in it , and that is why we went.
Came home and started a new Halloween piece for Sunday SALs with Stitching Sisters Yahoo group. This is called Cat-O-Lantern by Springberry Kreek Designs. I bought this 10 years ago during a Cross Stitch Pals retreat. I can't wait to work on it again.
I also watched Tale of Despereaux and then True Blood.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you and your DH! Sounds like you had a good time at that quilt shop. How nice to be thought of as younger than you are. I love when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That had to have made your day with the lady at the store thinking you were young enough to be your son's wife! :) I have "Textile Artist" in my signature line of my emails. Happy Belated Anniversay!

    ReplyDelete