Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Reading ideas

from Books and Needlepoint. She has questions on her blog and is a cross stitcher. She gets credit for my ideas so here goes.

Musing Mondays:
Todays topic is New Authors. What is your policy when it comes to new authors? Do you feel comfortable purchasing a book or do you prefer to borrow new authors from the library? How often do you try out a new author?

I have no problem trying a new author and have even bought quite a few of their books and have been pleased.

Teaser Tuesdays:
Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
Please avoid spoilers!

This is from Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson:
"The Casting agent said, "I floated the role past Ryan Gosling's agent , and she was very positive."
"My mother turned in the doorway, knowing every eye was on her."




1 comment:

  1. I love it, what a cute I idea. I'm reading Orson Scott Cards' "Enchanted" and here is a snippet from ... page 236

    She sniffed the air more deeply. Yes, masked by the heavy scent of Mozhaiski's benign, summery air, there was still a trace of winter in the air. Bear was still in this world.

    I like new authors. The large book sellers usually have little newletters that will give reviews so you can get a little peek before you buy. After reading 3 or 4 good reviews I'll buy a 'newbie'.

    Yoyo
    My blog, home of the Totally Useless SAL. Come on over and join the fun.

    ReplyDelete