Saturday, August 07, 2010

a little bit of this and a little bit of that (picture heavy)

Tuesday night is family night with my boys. Dinner and a DVD. We ended up watching Hot Tub Time Machine. I rated it 3 stars. The storyline was good and the acting but the use of the F word was a little to much by one character.


Wednesday night was movie night at the theater. I took Justin to see Charlie St. Cloud and it is an awesome movie and we rated it 5 stars. You will need kleenex! Zac Efron does an amazing job in this movie.

Thursday I worked til 3 and I wanted to join Weight Watchers that evening. Well it starts at 4:45 and in the same town where I work. I did not want to drive back home only to have to turn around again and go to the other side of the town I was already in. So I took my laptop and went to a new coffee shop in Batavia, NY. It is called Coffee Culture and I really liked it in there. It is open late at night and they have a wide variety of coffees, teas, chillers (smoothies) and breakfast food, sandwiches , wraps, and soups. I just got a chiller , which was very good. They also have free wifi, hence my taking my laptop. I left there at 4:30 and headed to WW. I joined and got weighed and my slider and little booklet to get started. I have been doing Weight watchers for 2 weeks with my mom's WW stuff that she doesn't use anymore. I enjoyed the meeting.

Today I got out of work at noon because we weren't busy and I already had in enough hours. I wanted to go for a walk but the sky looked like it was going to rain. So instead I worked out with Wii Fit Plus. I have not used it since April. Well since then I have lost almost 9 pounds. I am thinking because of my eating healthy the past 2 weeks. Anyways I worked out for 30 minutes and burned 172 calories. So I feel pretty good about that. I will post about my accomplishments at the end of every post.
Then I pulled out HAED SK Sunny. Tonight was a SAT with Let's Stitch blog and Stitching Sisters Yahoo group. I watched 3 episodes of this weeks General Hospital and then a Hallmark movie was on tonight: Lies Between Friends, which was really good. I got a few squares done on Sunny.
I forgot to tell you. Monday I finished getting all of my DMC on the bobbins and into the Jammers. Woohoo!!! It felt great to get that done after several years. I need to buy 1 photo box with index labels so I can store the Misc. overdyed brands that I have. Then all of my floss will be done.
I also have started listening to Hand of Evil of J.A. Jance and am enjoying it.

Well I guess I am caught up for the week.
Tomorrow I hope to stitch more, on HAED SK Sunny.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Way to go on finishing up your DMC! You've been working on that for a long time.

You will enjoy WW. It really works. I need to get back to the basics and get going in the right direction again. It seems that when my husband got amazingly focused that I lost my way.

Karen said...

OMG....hubby watched "Hottub..." Wednesday night and I left within the first 30 minutes. We joked that if you were playing a drinking game and had to drink everytime the F word was used, you wouldn't be able to walk within an hour! We thought the writer had a contract obligation to use it at least 1000 times!

Your WIP is looking good!

The Midnight Writer said...

Zac's movie has just hit our cinemas today. 30 years of stitching! that's awesome. i used to stitch as a teenager but had never had the time again since college and looking at your posts, i could only have hearts for your blog <3<3<3