Saturday, August 07, 2010

a little bit of this and a little bit of that (picture heavy)

Tuesday night is family night with my boys. Dinner and a DVD. We ended up watching Hot Tub Time Machine. I rated it 3 stars. The storyline was good and the acting but the use of the F word was a little to much by one character.


Wednesday night was movie night at the theater. I took Justin to see Charlie St. Cloud and it is an awesome movie and we rated it 5 stars. You will need kleenex! Zac Efron does an amazing job in this movie.

Thursday I worked til 3 and I wanted to join Weight Watchers that evening. Well it starts at 4:45 and in the same town where I work. I did not want to drive back home only to have to turn around again and go to the other side of the town I was already in. So I took my laptop and went to a new coffee shop in Batavia, NY. It is called Coffee Culture and I really liked it in there. It is open late at night and they have a wide variety of coffees, teas, chillers (smoothies) and breakfast food, sandwiches , wraps, and soups. I just got a chiller , which was very good. They also have free wifi, hence my taking my laptop. I left there at 4:30 and headed to WW. I joined and got weighed and my slider and little booklet to get started. I have been doing Weight watchers for 2 weeks with my mom's WW stuff that she doesn't use anymore. I enjoyed the meeting.

Today I got out of work at noon because we weren't busy and I already had in enough hours. I wanted to go for a walk but the sky looked like it was going to rain. So instead I worked out with Wii Fit Plus. I have not used it since April. Well since then I have lost almost 9 pounds. I am thinking because of my eating healthy the past 2 weeks. Anyways I worked out for 30 minutes and burned 172 calories. So I feel pretty good about that. I will post about my accomplishments at the end of every post.
Then I pulled out HAED SK Sunny. Tonight was a SAT with Let's Stitch blog and Stitching Sisters Yahoo group. I watched 3 episodes of this weeks General Hospital and then a Hallmark movie was on tonight: Lies Between Friends, which was really good. I got a few squares done on Sunny.
I forgot to tell you. Monday I finished getting all of my DMC on the bobbins and into the Jammers. Woohoo!!! It felt great to get that done after several years. I need to buy 1 photo box with index labels so I can store the Misc. overdyed brands that I have. Then all of my floss will be done.
I also have started listening to Hand of Evil of J.A. Jance and am enjoying it.

Well I guess I am caught up for the week.
Tomorrow I hope to stitch more, on HAED SK Sunny.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go on finishing up your DMC! You've been working on that for a long time.

    You will enjoy WW. It really works. I need to get back to the basics and get going in the right direction again. It seems that when my husband got amazingly focused that I lost my way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG....hubby watched "Hottub..." Wednesday night and I left within the first 30 minutes. We joked that if you were playing a drinking game and had to drink everytime the F word was used, you wouldn't be able to walk within an hour! We thought the writer had a contract obligation to use it at least 1000 times!

    Your WIP is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zac's movie has just hit our cinemas today. 30 years of stitching! that's awesome. i used to stitch as a teenager but had never had the time again since college and looking at your posts, i could only have hearts for your blog <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete