Monday, January 24, 2011

In a bad mood

I was in a good mood til about 2pm.

When I first got up I went out to warm up my car. My drivers door is frozen so I open the passengers side and start the car and put the heat on. After a few minutes I brush off all the snow and can get the driver's door open. Now my tires are frozen to ice. My car will not go forwards or in reverse. I rocked and rocked that car and all it did was spin the tires. I call Scott to come save me lol. He pushes my car and it still will not budge. So he takes me to work. Justin said he will pick me up when he is done with classes. He also will take me grocery shopping on the way home. Cool, great kid.
Now for almost 2 years I have been working 32-37 hours a week. I work part time, huh? So my manager talks to the main manager and says to him that I should be full time and get my full time benefits. All I want is the full time vacation pay instead of part time. Nope, he won't do it. We will hire another part time person so that we have 1 full time and 2 part time. I have no problem working full time and have been doing it. I won't get compensated at all for everything that I do. We have been really busy so I left at my regular hour even though the work wasn't done. Why should I bust my ass and be told they won't change me to full time status. I love my manager and we get along great. She always sticks up for me and I stay to help her and to keep the clients happy. I am very grateful to have a job but I don't think that I am asking for anything that I shouldn't get.

So I paid the bills I had to and I didn't have time to go to the library, to cross stitch with the ladies. I did watch Pretty Little Liars and started this new freebie. I could not tell you who the designer is since none of it is in English. I am doing this as a challenge piece on a BB.
Oh yeah, and the pipes in my kitchen have been frozen all day, so the water won't go down the drains. temps have been below zeroF.

I hope tomorrow is much better.

My favorite show to always watch was regis!. I never missed a show til I started working. almost 4 years ago. So when I finally decide to start DVRing it then I find out he won't be on anymore. I watched it Friday with Ashton Kutcher, it was funny, Today was boring as this week is with DJs cohosting. I miss my Regis.

7 comments:

  1. I liked Regis also!

    Sounds like you had a very bad day! Hope it gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you had such a bad day hun; I know what you mean about your job; my boss is from Germany and he truely is a natzi at times. LOL But I am thankful to have my job; I see so many people come in for work and are turned away; it's really a scary time for those w/no job. Keep your head up; like Scarlett says: "Tomorrow is another day". :P

    Hugs, Shar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully tomorrow will be a much better day for you. Great start on your new project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is seriously cold, brrr! Sorry your day was rubbish, hope that today is much better xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I soooo hate winter. Sorry you had a sucky day! I'm sick of employers taking advantage of people. Then they wonder why they have a big turnover UGH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shelleen

    I know what you are going through with your car being frozen....

    I won't open up my car doors unless it is at least 28 or above zero during the winter months. For the simple reason that once I open my car door up than the mechanism on the door handle is frozen and my door won't shut tight like it is suppose to...in fact it won't shut at all. I have learn through the years that I don't open my car doors up unless it is 28 or above zero.

    Sorry you had a bad day with your car and it is frustrating when you can't drive yourself and you car is frozen like a Icicle.

    You are making great progress on your WIP.

    Take care & Happy Stitching :)
    Linda K, Railroad

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about your weather and what it did to your car. Justin sure is a nice young man to come to your rescue! Bummers about the job thing - doesn't make sense to me, but what do I know.

    Hope today is better.

    ReplyDelete