Wednesday, April 15, 2009

playing with my blog

I am really trying to find a background and banner that fits me. I love purple, butterflies, faeries, and goth type. Can't seem to find something that will be easy for me to add to my blog.

I also love HAED patterns and i really want to start one soon but I have so many other WIPs and UFOs to stitch and I don't want it to turn into a UFO. I have a big family room and would to change the colors in it to have my one whole wall into all of my finishes. Especially fantasy pieces.

I also am in a RR which is taking up a lot of my time and I joined several exchanges. I can't wait for this batch of exchanges to be over so I can stitch on a WIP/UFO during the week. So much to stitch so little time. I also have 4 audiobooks to listen to and 3 movies from netflix to watch. I am hoping to get a lot accomplished this weekend. Just perch on my corner of the couch with my bottled water and remotes or ipod and no one bother me all weekend LOL. With a DH and 2 teenage boys I don't see that happening. Hmmm I wonder if DH will take me to the LNS on Saturday. I need to get Dylan some fabric as he wanted a mythical creature to stitch and I found one and bought it online. But it is as time consuming as a HAED so we will see if his patience will keep him at it. It has a lot of bright colors in it and takes a lot of floss.

Well the clock just chimed that it is 11 pm. Dylan is out in the backyard with a few friends having a bonfire. At least they are being quiet. He had one last night with the promise of no one sneaking in alcohol (I know party pooper mom) but his friends were glad that I said no. They were gone by midnight last night and I never knew they were here. They are right behind my bedroom too so I would have heard them. They also have to respect the neighbors who get up for work as well.

Night All and thanks for reading my ramblings.

11 comments:

  1. That's not a party pooper mom; that's a smart mom! I hope your find the background you're looking for. i do like the one you have. Hope you get your stitching weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those choices and not enough time. I think that is true with all of us these days. The blogging community has opened our eyes to such a variety of stitching and we just want it all. Have a great weekend and I hope you fit some stitching time in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you find the background your looking for.I do a search on the web to get mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great example set, Mom. Very smart. I too have played with my main blog and can't find the right background. I am into green and really don't like pink, but if you look at both my blogs you would think I love pink.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the background that you have right now! IT is great! You are not being a party pooper at all, you are just trying to keep everyone safe! That is not a pooper! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have my teenage stepsons staying with me this week while they are on spring break. It changes our whole routine because we have a 4-year old also, but I try, same as you, to let them have friends over to hang out and have fun and then go home at a reasonable hour. The friends seem thankful for the hospitality and it keeps them out of trouble too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the pink background - it's kind of different - denimy. Have you tried Cutest Blog on the Block? She says she takes requests, I don't know if that's for the freebies, too. But she's always adding new ones, I keep checking back to see if she's added new 3-column templates.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree...you are being a good mom :)
    Thank you for the email :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting my blog and your comment.
    Love the background for your blog, gorgeous colours.
    You really should go for it and start a HAED. I've been stitching HAED's for about 4 years now and love them, I have 4 on the go at the moment. They are a real labour of love so I'd say start one and let yourself do a little on it now and again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stick to your guns mom that is the only way they learn! I like the current background except the "visited link" color doesn't show up at all on this particular background, but that is very easily fixed if you want to change it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the new blog look-pretty and purpley(is that a word?)

    ReplyDelete