Sunday, July 05, 2009

Happy 4 weekend

So what has everyone been up to for the weekend?
Friday night was with our Sweazy friends. My family lived on Conesus Lake since 1977 and I moved out 1987 and bought a place with my husband(fiance at the time) and all that time we lived next door to the Sweazys. My mom and Dorothy were best friends and my sister and I grew up with all their kids. My parents moved several years ago and then the Sweazys moved last year.
Anyways The lake always had the lake of fire on the 3rd and lots of fireworks going off all over. Us kids would go swimming, boating and jet skiing. So we have done this for 31 years. This year was a new tradition at Sweazy's new house, which is gorgeous!! They are way out in the country and up on a hill and their view is magnificent. So all of us minus my sister and 2 of my friend's kids and my oldest , were there. The new generation of kids were riding 4 wheelers, as they have almost 100 acres of land. Lots of food and laughter. I met their new neighbors and they were so much fun. My 17 year old had the 4 wheeler out with his girlfriend and came back muddy. The fireworks always close up the evening. Thanks Dick and Dorothy for new memories. Dylan did say it was not the same as the lake. His 17 years have always been at the lake for 4th. Looking forwards to next year :-)

Stitching front- not much going on. I had a quick stitch to do Friday before heading out, but Molly and I slept most of the day. I did stitch on quilt sampler yesterday and will post pics later. Today is Halloween Fairy and I am hoping to get quite a bit accomplished on it. Let's just hope that Molly cooperates. Seems the past few days she is on my lap all the time.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your 4th holiday is a wonderful tradition with your family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend making new traditions. :)

    ReplyDelete