Sunday, October 05, 2008

Finishing is done

I managed to get all of my Halloween and October finishes done by 6pm Saturday night. Here is a pic of everything. There is about 13 finishes.




The haunted house done on the back fabric I finished into a cube. and used the fabric that I received in a Halloween exchange and the ribbon was some that was leftover from last year. The banner is made out of Mill Hill kits that was my RR a few years ago. I had them stitched on this fabric instead of the perforated paper.
The pillow on the right was actually an idea I got from a craft mag. I sewed the Halloween design onto the front piece of fabric. Then I cut the same fabric for the back and I had a pillow form so instead of sewing the pieces together, I laid the front piece on front and the back piece on the back and then took ribbon and just tied the corners together and there you go. The only sewing I did was making edges neat and the cross stitch piece to the fabric front. In front of it is a spring MH weathervane that I had stitched for an online friend , about a year ago. So that is now done and I will send it to her.
This little Pumpkin fob was stitched from a class that I took, in MB, last year with M Designs. I already have quite a few pumpkin and halloween fobs so I will be giving this away to a blog reader. All you have to do to get entered to win is to leave a post here between today and this Thursday, October 9 by 10 pm est. I will then draw a name and will send it out to you.

I have decided to have a finishing weekend every month and hope you will join in. Either online or at my house. I will post dates this week.

A big thank you to Ruth for giving me this idea.

22 comments:

  1. My goodness, Shelleen! They look great. You should be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE! Love the MH banner... it looks VERY familiar! Great job my friend!!!

    Hugs,
    Amy

    PS-Love the fob... you can pick me.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelleen! These are gorgeous. I am so sorry I couldn't join you for the weekend. I would have loved to have done some finishing with you. You can teach me a lot. LOL Congrats on the beautiful finishes sweetie. Love them all!

    Hugs,
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ! You were really productive this weekend! I'll have to hook up with you for next month, so your creativity can rub off on me. :-)
    Everything looks wonderful. Now it's time to decorate for Halloween with all your great finishes.

    Hugs,
    KarenNY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:22 PM

    Hi Shelleen! I wish I lived in New York and could come to your house. Your finishes are fantastic! It looks like they took so much time (that I wish I had). Congrats on the finishes-nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your finishes look fantastic! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:56 PM

    wow! you WERE busy this weekend!
    everything looks REALLY nice!
    see ya soon! I'll be able to see them in person won't I???? YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:43 AM

    Great job, and what an inspiration to get me motivated to finishing off some projects. Congrats on all the finishes and send some of the energy my way!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  9. So impressed with all that you've done - fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. woo hoo! great finishes :) I'd love to win your pumpkin fob .. it's adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finishing! Just wish I had some stitching ready for finishing! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on all of them. Will miss you at MB this yr. JuneQ

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! You were busy! Those Halloween finishes are cute. Great job on them all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woo hooo Shelleen!!!!! When you get finishing you REALLY finish!

    You know I think I might have to run a monthly FAL --- Finish Along

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely wonderful....How great to meet another "halloween"lover Loved seeing your enthusiasm..I think I should do a "finish" up weekend myself...Great encouragement!! Thanks...

    By the way, please enter my name..I would love to win that little fob!!

    hugs
    Skye

    ReplyDelete
  16. Shelleen - You are so awesome! I am lucky to even work on one project in an evening, let alone get to a finishing point. They all look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. shelleen could you please enter me in the drawing! your finishing is looking great

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous12:24 PM

    Wow, Shelleen!! Beautiful stitching, and your finishing is fabulous! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous7:31 PM

    Wow! Wonderful job, Shelleen, on all the fantastic finishing work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great finishes Shelleen!! they are all so cute! i just love halloween!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous2:02 PM

    Wow! Now that you have all of your finishes done, will you come to my house to play? ;o) They're all great, Shelleen!

    ReplyDelete
  22. They all look amazing Shelleen! Beautiful finishing.

    ReplyDelete