Sunday, January 03, 2010

Halloween Fairy progress

I had a productive day today. Got up and read emails and caught up on blog reading. Left comments on quite a few. While doing that I also colored and highlighted my hair. My hair is a medium brown with blonde highlights. I am usually blonde. But I had some grey coming in so I needed to color anyways.


Nora Corbett's Halloween Fairy
Cross - Stitch & Needlework September 2008
32 ct Tumbleweed linen
DMC, kreiniks and beads

The boxes of decorations are back in the closet and the tree is out of the house. Then took the shop vac after my carpets. I have found this works better than using my vacuum cleaner for all of it. The needles have always plugged up my vacuum so a few years ago we started the shop vac for this chore.
I sat down and stitched on Nora Corbett's Halloween Fairy. I have just a little bit of backstitching left and then the beads. I am really hoping to finish it next Sunday. While stitching I finished listening to Justice Denied by J.A. Jance. It was really good and I rate it 4/5. I also watched the new episode of Desperate Housewives. It was really good and there are some deaths but I will not spoil it for those who haven't watched it yet.
Tomorrow I will stitch on HAED SK Mermaid of the Deep.
My manager's father died on Thursday so she wasn't in nor was my coworker is as it was also her grandfather so I worked by myself. Tomorrow is the funeral so I have another day by myself. Prayers to the family.

10 comments:

  1. Let's not talk about gray hair!!!

    With all the closet cleaning we've been doing, we somehow managed to not take down the Christmas decorations. Maybe tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just taking down decorations now...it's a lot more fun to get them out than put them up! HF is looking fantastic - almost done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wip is looking so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is looking gorgeous, Shell :)
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fairy looks really pretty, Shelleen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fairy looks awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm impressed with all you did in one day! And some stitching too! I love, love, love the Halloween Fairy. I'm pretty sure I have it somewhere, LOL! Anyway, share your secret of fitting so much into one day, will you? I think I have too damn many cats, lol... and one husband too many.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice progress on Halloween Fairy. Isn't it nice when all the decorations are down and stored away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! Do you mind sharing the colors you used?

    ReplyDelete